The Zorbtrotter is a specialist infantry used by the Wings of Coronia. They manipulate the air around them to not only make them amphibious, but also suffocate enemy infantry by throwing orbs of vacuum at them.
The Zorbtrotters of Coronia have taken air manipulation techniques to the extremes. It is widely believed among those who try to defeat the Foehn Revolt, that their air manipulation technology has already been miniaturized and attached to its soldiers. However, some are speculating that the powers to control the winds have manifested from within, and are not enhanced by any mechanical means, in a similar fashion Yuri's psychics can move various objects around with their minds alone. It could just be that the Zorbtrotters are taught by those who supposedly defected from the Epsilon.
What's clear is that the Zorbtrotters are lethal to any infantry, which.. needs to breathe. These soldiers can essentially deny breathable air to those who stand in their way, by creating spherical spots, from which the oxygen is removed. Zorbtrotters also control a sphere of winds around themselves, allowing them to utilize Spinblades for significant speed boosts and lift own bodies over water.
Zorbtrotters is the Wings of Coronia unique infantry available in the game. Using the Wings of Coronia's wind manipulation technology, these Zorbtrotters possess the power to control the very air itself
Zorbtrotters is a light armored infantry arming with nothing but the ability to control the air. These soldiers are capable of creating a vacuum sphere that they can 'throw' to suffocate enemy infantry. Zorbtrotter attacks are highly effective against any infantry in the game; even Brutes cannot get close enough to pummel them into submission. Zorbtrotters have high weapon range and their attacks also deal splash damage, making them quite effective against massed infantry. While their speed is mediocre , they can get a temporary speed boost with the support of a Spinblade. Zorbtrotters are also amphibious.
Unfortunately, unlike most Foehn infantry, they can be crushed by vehicles, and can be taken down by dogs and Spooks. They are overspecialized, in that they can only attack infantry. They are also quite fragile, so armored anti-personnel weapons can easily eliminate them with no resistance. They are also prone to causing friendly fire, making them dangerous if not managed effectively.
Zorbtrotters controlled by the AI have the following attack patterns:
- 2x targeting infantry, accompanied by 4 Huntresses
- 3x targeting infantry, accompanied by 4 Clairvoyants
- 3x targeting infantry
- This task force may be accompanied by 3 additional Zorbtrotters
- 3x guarding Shrike Nests or Railgun Towers
- 3x guarding Foehn Barracks, Foehn Ore Refineries and Foehn War Factories
- 3x guarding Windtraps, Foehn Ore Refineries and Foehn War Factories
- 1x loaded inside a Jackal Racer, then proceed to target infantry
- This task force may be accompanied by 1 additional Jackal Racer with the same passenger
- 2x targeting anything, accompanied by 4 Knightframes and 4 Lancers
- The AI will use Nanofiber Sync on this task force first
- If available, Rage, Kinetic Barrier, and Regen/Wonder Drugs may also be applied
Behind the scenes
- Prior to version 3.3.6, the Zorbtrotter's in-game appearance is based on the Rocketeer.
- The Zorbtrotters' name seems to be a reference to zorbing, a sport where its participants rolling downhills while inside a transparent orb.