The Zephyrobot is a drone beacon deployed through the namesake support power from the Robot Ops Control Center, which allows Pacific Front Zephyrs to bombard enemies from locations far beyond their normal attack range as long as the beacon remains on the field for 40 seconds, allowing a Zephyr to fire at most 6 times. However, taking direct hits from Zephyrs' long-range attack damages the Zephyrobot and reduces its durability.
By default, unused by the AI. However, in certain missions of the campaign, the AI will have a specific group of Zephyrs to fire at a Zephyrobot. In this case, the AI will use Zephyrobot to target the following structures, assuming they are not cloaked. These are ordered according to priority:
- War Factories
- Tier 3 technology providers (e.g. Epsilon Pandora Hub)
- Power providers
- Construction Yards
- In Death From Above, Think Different, Dragonstorm and the Act Two mission Babel, the enemy will continuously set Zephyrobots to player's base and let all Zephyrs attack it. It is worth noting that these Zephyrobots are deployed by trigger, since the AI will not attack normal Zephyrobots.
- The Zephyrobot is first usable in the campaign in Panic Cycle. In this mission as well as in Sunlight, it is unlocked by Shield Command.
Starting from Sunlight, there will always have designated friendly AI-controlled Zephyrs in any missions with Zephyrobot available to use, aiming at bombard the Zephyrobot deployed by the player, becoming a cheap but powerful offensive support power.
- In the early phase of Relentless, Zephyrobot is provided independently after retaking the Pacific Front outpost, without Robot Ops Control Center.
- In Reality Check, Zephyrobot is used during the final boss battle when Norio is at 50% health. The Zephyrobot duration, cooldown, and Zephyr bombardment accuracy are reduced.
- In Convergence, Zephyrobot can be used during the battle at sides of the canal to let friendly Zephyr Artilleries out of the map to attack it, if Norio is chosen to fight.
- In Split Seconds, the enemy will deploy Zephyrobot at the player's largest group of units.
Behind the scenes
- During the development of version 3.3, the Zephyrobot was supposed to be merged with the old Cryofield, which slows enemy units down, and become cost-free, but this was never implemented.