|“||Death from above!||”|
The Zephyr Artillery is a self-propelled anti-tank artillery utilized by the Pacific Front to combat large armor columns from a safe distance. The Zephyrobot support power allows Zephyrs to target anything on the battlefield for a short while by shooting at the small stationary drone deployed on the battlefield through the use of this support power. Though a formidable foe at long range, the Zephyr is lightly armored in order to incorporate the needed targeting mechanisms. The minimum range of the weapon is another one of its weak points, so it shouldn't be sent unguarded into the field.
The Zephyr Artillery serves as Pacific Front's mobile anti-tank artillery, possessing great range that make it suitable for long range skirmishes. Zephyr's attack is best used against groups of enemy vehicles, taking them out from a distance before they could reach and retaliate. While its long attack range is also useful against buildings, the weapon is not very effective against infantry.
Utilizing the Zephyrobot support power allows the deployment of a Zephyrobot on the battlefield, that allows commander-owned Zephyrs to fire at that designated location for a short while and perform global range bombardment. Zephyrs are recommended to operate in groups to increase the effectiveness of the Zephyrobot. For that many Zephyrs firing at the same target simultaneously, they can create quite a devastating artillery bombardment.
Being more of an artillery unit and less of a tank, the Zephyr suffers the typical weaknesses of artillery units: fairly slow moving, light armor and vulnerable to air threats. On top of this, it has a large minimum attack range. These vulnerabilities combined bestow the Zephyr with the necessity to be protected either by friendly units or a considerable amount of distance from its targets.
The AI uses an exclusive variant along with the regular variant. This variant only appears in the campaign, and the only differences is that they are immune to EMP and will not retaliate when hit by enemy fire, ensuring that it will always respond when a Zephyrobot is deployed.
Due to an inconsistency, the AI-exclusive variant has 350 hit points instead of 360 hit points.
|“||Pacific Front's Zephyrs will help you eliminate enemy tanks on cliffs.||”|
|—Allied intel during Operation: Panic Cycle|
In some missions, groups of Zephyr Artilleries will remain on standby and are only used for the Zephyrobot support power. These Zephyrs use the AI-exclusive variant mentioned above.
- Zephyrs make their first appearance in the campaign in Side Effect, as part of the Pacific Front invasion of Russia.
- In Shipwrecked, capturing the Tech Secret Lab near the top right corner gives the player access to Zephyrs. Intel mentions that the United States were researching Pacific Front weapons on this laboratory.
- At the beginning of Panic Cycle, three Zephyrs arrive to escort the Battle Tortoise carrying the KI Scientists. Once the Tortoise and the MCV reach the main Allied base, they can be built from the War Factory with a Shield Command. The player can also build Zephyrs in Sunlight by the same way.
- An official video revealing the Zephyr Artillery and the Zephyr Beacon (predecessor of Zephyrobot) prior to the official release of version 3.0.
- The English word "zephyr" derives from the name of a Greek wind god, Ζέφυρος, whose Roman name is Favōnius.