Thanks for choosing the best.
—A confident Warhawk pilot
The Warhawk is an attack helicopter used by the United States. It is armed to the teeth with laser weapons to damage and weaken their enemies.
The Warhawk is a lightly armored helicopter used by the Americans for close air support. It's outfitted with a heavy laser cannon to light infantry ablaze and slice through tank armor, as well as the 'Uranus' missile pods, which can make short work of enemy ground targets. The Warhawk does not carry any anti-aircraft weaponry and relies on its quick speed to evade potential threats. This is mostly due to the United States' efforts to design effective methods of supporting their flying troops the Warhawk can heal air infantry like Rocketeer nearby as it carries special first aid equipment for them all the time. The healing effects of Warhawks don't overlap, so there is no need to place them close to each other for that.
The Warhawk is an assault attack helicopter utilized by US forces to deal with hostile ground units. It is available for production in the War Factory after building a Mercury Uplink.
The Warhawk has very fragile armor but is one of the fastest helicopters in the game, easily capable of outrunning most opposition. Mobile, versatile, and decent against ground units, their roles may include assault, harassment, scouting and air superiority, especially during the early and middle phases of the game. While rather weak alone, in large numbers they can be a threatening force to be reckoned with.
However, they should avoid anti-aircraft weaponry at all costs no matter how large their numbers are. Heavy anti-air units such as Sentinels will destroy them by the dozens, and Warhawks themselves cannot fire back at other aircraft themselves. They also deal relatively poor damage against structures and base defenses.
The Warhawk uses a weapon cycle even though it only has a single offensive weapon. It always starts at the laser cannon once it switches targets.
- Stage 1: Lasts until 200 frames (13.3 in-game seconds). In other words, the Warhawk will fire 20 laser cannon shots.
- Stage 2: Lasts until 230 frames (15.3 in-game seconds). In other words, the Warhawk will use the target painter.
- Stage 3: Lasts until 330 frames (22 in-game seconds). In other words, the Warhawk will fire 10 laser cannon shots. Once Stage 3 ends, the cycle repeats.
- In Good Old Times, an elite Warhawk is the only controllable unit for the player that starts in the 2nd position.
- The Warhawk is introduced as a buildable unit in Beautiful Mind. In this mission, the Warhawk additionally requires the Tech Secret Lab located near the player's base in order to be built.
Behind the scenes
- In 3.0 the Warhawk is armed with concussion grenades to attack enemy structures instead of a target painter.
- The unit's employment of laser weaponry bears resemblance to the , a variant of the standard USA Comanche that was planned but scrapped during development in .
- In United States history, “War hawks” were southern and western politicians who wanted war with Great Britain.