Toxic Strike is a support power for the Scorpion Cell available on their Pandora Hub once it is upgraded with a Chemplug is built. It calls a squadron of four Dybbuk-Strikers ‒ yet again another one of Epsilon's Dybbuk series of aircraft designed for precision strikes ‒ to perform several strafing runs on targeted enemy positions by firing cannons loaded with explosive toxic shells at enemies.
The toxic shells are particularly effective against infantry and light vehicles, though harder targets can withstand the attack. Be wary, however, as the Dybbuk-Strikers can be shot down and are not quite resilient to enemy anti-air weapons.
The AI will use Toxic Strike to target the largest enemy infantry blob present. Ignores cloaked targets.
- The Toxic Strike can be first put to use in Lizard Brain, if the player recaptures the Pandora Hub and Aerodome.
- In Insomnia, the Dybbuk-Strikers are one of the types of jets spawned by the Dybbuk Hives.
- In Earthrise, the enemy PsiCorps has a Pandora Hub upgraded with a Chemplug, and has access to Toxic Strike, since the Dybbuk-Strikers have been adapted to function on the Moon.
- In the first phase of Reality Check, the Toxic Strike is one of many one-time support powers that can be found in crates scattered around the battlefield. Note that Toxic Strike can only be deployed around Libra.
It is worth mentioning that PsiCorps often uses Toxic Strike as well, usages are listed below: (not included which said above)
Behind the scenes
- The Dybbuk-Striker's voxel is a public asset and can be used by other modders. The link can be found here.
- Initially the Toxic Strike was supposed to be called Toxic Cloak and worked differently by causing friendly vehicles and infantry to emit a deadly poison cloud.
- In 3.0, Molebomb was the predecessor to the Toxic Strike.