The Time Freeze is the Paradox Engine's most feared weapon, which causes its victims to become unresponsive and completely defenceless against the Allied forces, who are somehow unaffected by the Time Freeze, stopping entire armies on their tracks while it lasts. However, on one instance, friendly Allied forces were affected as it is not "fully harmonized", but this is quickly resolved on the later stages of the war.
Despite its powerful effects, the Time Freeze requires a huge amount of power to sustain it, preventing it from being used liberally.
- The Paradox Engine first uses Time Freeze at the end of Godsend after the Epsilon forces approach the SteinsTech Hangar to slaughter every Epsilon soldier before escaping.
- The Paradox Engine uses Time Freeze at the end of Bottleneck after being escorted by the Allies, allowing the remaining Allied forces to clear the Epsilon presence in the isles.
- At the end of Hysteria, the Paradox Engine activates the Time Freeze, causing a wing of Barracudas to sweep in and destroy all Epsilon forces.
- At the beginning of Insomnia, the Paradox Engine uses the Time Freeze just before the initial landing of the Allied forces on Antarctica. It can then be manually activated by the player as a support power after the Paradox Engine arrives.
- In Unthinkable, the Paradox Engine activates the Time Freeze and destroys the Epsilon forces once either it is on low health (red, lower than 25%) or it gets close to the bottom side of the map.
- The Time Freeze activation sound is the same as the activation sound of the from .