|“||Kill them before they kill us!||”|
|—A Tigr APC trying to act quickly|
The Tigr APC is the Russian counterpart to the standard Halftrack. Although the main armament has not changed much in comparison, the Tigr is much better armored, and thus slower, than the Halftrack. This makes the unit an effective support for the Russian Wolfhounds, and a better defense against heavier air threats. Its lower speed, however, doesn't make the Tigr APC less of an effective transport as it can carry an additional passenger compared to the Halftrack.
The Tigr APC is the Russian variant to the standard Halftrack. Armed with a heavier anti-infantry machine gun and a flak cannon that deals splash damage to air units, the Tigr APC is better armored and slower than the Halftrack. Along with its stronger stats, the Tigr also can carry up to three infantry, as opposed to the two the Halftrack can, making it both a more effective transport and supporting unit. Since Russia's only other main anti-air is the Wolfhound, Tigrs can remain useful in dealing with air threats in places where its flying cousin would be at the mercy of any strong anti-air, especially base defences.
Despite having higher armor value than the Halftrack, The Tigr APC still suffers from low passenger survival rate. It won't last long against anti-armor infantry, vehicles, tanks and building. It's also slower than the Halftrack.
Tigrs controlled by the AI have the following attack patterns:
- 2x targeting infantry
- This task force will only be constructed if a Radar Dish is not present
- 4x targeting infantry
- This task force will only be constructed if a Nuclear Reactor is not present
- 2x guarding Flak Cannons or Tesla Coils
- 2x guarding Soviet Ore Refineries, Radar Dishes and Soviet War Factories
- Tigr APC first appears in Red Dawn Rising as an enemy and Bleed Red as a buildable unit, at the beginning of the Third Great War.
- In Scrapyard, Tigr APC is available to be built from the Stalin's Fist alone.
Behind the scenes
The Tigr's voxel is a public asset and can be used by other modders. The link can be found here (note that the link leads to a voxel pack, where several voxels including the Tigr's are downloaded in a single pack).
- Tigr means "tiger" in Russian.