The Tech Satellite Hack Center is a neutral structure that, when captured by an Engineer, grants the owner a full battlefield view through the newly developed Global Positioning System (GPS). However, should the structure is destroyed or change control, its (previous) owner will completely lose their view of the battlefield except of their own forces, so commanders and proselytes would do well to protect it.
Capturing the Tech Satellite Hack Center allows you to gain access to the brand new Global Positioning System satellite network in order to get a complete view of the battlefield. Keep in mind that the GPS is not complete and could have consequences if the center is destroyed or captured.
The Tech Satellite Hack Center is basically a neutral capturable Spy Satellite Uplink from the original Red Alert 2, but riskier to acquire and maintain due to its usual distance from bases and lack of ground control that would otherwise enable construction of static defenses to protect it. Therefore a commander or a proselyte would make full use of it once they have amassed their army that is also capable of responding quickly when this tech structure is under siege.
For all its utility, it is unable to penetrate the shroud of a Gap Generator until it is powered down. Fortunately however, once a Gap Generator is disabled or destroyed, the GPS will update so that all shroud caused by the Gap Generator will be removed.
There is a number of equivalent buildings in campaigns that serve the same or similar purpose as a Tech Satellite Hack Center:
- Space Needle in Needlehead, but unlike in Power Play from Yuri's Revenge, Space Needle in this mission reveals shroud with radius of 50 instead of giving the players full sight due to limitations of cooperative missions.
- Sears Tower in Beautiful Mind, like in Last Chance from Red Alert 2.
- Pearl Tower in Power Hunger.
- Old Radar Dome in Dawnbreaker.
- Saint Basil's Cathedral in No Dilemma from version 2.0.
- In Peacekeeper, the capturing of a Tech Satellite Hack Center is the second objective of the mission.