The Tech Missile Bunker is a neutral structure that, as its name suggests, provides commanders and proselytes who captured it with tactical ballistic missiles when captured by an Engineer.
The Tech Missile Bunker houses a tactical missile, and is a strong weapon against both enemy structures and units. Capturing it allows a player to ready and fire a missile anywhere on the battlefield, for a price.
The Tech Missile Bunker provides the following support power:
|Type: Offensive Power|
Recharge Time: 7:30
Launches a tactical missile in the targeted area
The Tech Missile Bunker offers what most factions lack: a purely offensive support power. This makes the Missile Bunker a great asset to acquire for commanders who wish to weaken the enemy army or base directly before attempting to engage in battle. Though the missile launch can be heard by all players, they wouldn't know where the missile would impact. As long as the enemy doesn't react from the missile launch by pulling out their forces due to distractions (like an approaching army), the missile will surely hit its intended targets. The missile strike deals high damage to structures and units. One direct missile hit will leave a War Factory heavily damaged. When combined with a super weapon, it's capable of take out a Construction Yard at full health, dramatically turning the tide of the battle.
Due to its power requirement and usual distance from bases, it is not recommended to capture the Tech Missile Bunker early on, as its owner would usually suffer from a power outage and therefore production speed will be reduced, which is a horrible penalty to experience in the early game, where speed is essential. It is also usually left undefended, so enemy forces that specialize in building demolition will be able to take it out easily, or even capture it for their own war efforts.
The AI will use Missile Strike similar to how they use superweapons, so they will target the following structures, assuming they are not cloaked. These are ordered according to priority:
- War Factories
- Tier 3 technology providers (e.g. Epsilon Pandora Hub)
- Power providers
- Construction Yards
If all these does not exist, it will target airfields, base defenses, then finally units.
|“||Missiles from low-tech silos can destroy enemy tanks and weaker buildings with ease.||”|
|—Allied intel during Operation: Puppet Master|
- 1-time Missile Strike appears as an easter egg reward in Memory Dealer and the Special Ops mission Convergence.
- In the later phase of Machinehead, the Epsilon Army will use large amount of Tech Missile Strikes against the Revolt's base.
- In the first phase of Reality Check, the Missile Strike is one of many one-time support powers that can be found in crates scattered around the battlefield. Note that Missile Strike can only be deployed around Libra.
- In Technologic, the 1st player needs to clear the way by letting an Engineer capture the Tech Missile Bunker at the bottom right corner of the map to launch a missile to destroy Tech HMG Towers on a high ground. The bunker will self-destruct after 2 minutes, meaning that the Missile Strike can only be used once.
- The Missile Strike's missile launch sound is reused from the and in .
- The sound when Missile Strike is loaded is from the select sound of in .