|“||Everyone, get ready!||”|
|—Syncronin preparing bond breaker|
The Syncronin is a combat support infantry used by the Foehn Revolt that weakens the structural integrity of enemy buildings, allowing Haihead forces to have an easier time demolishing them.
While not an offensive unit itself, the Syncronin ideally fits as a support for the Foehn strike forces, as it complements all of its subfaction weapon design choices, whether it's Haihead's aim to deal as much damage as possible, Last Bastion's defensive weapons or Coronia's attacks from the sky.
The Syncronin has a peculiar weapon in the form of an atomic-level bond breaker, which when used on enemy structures, makes the cohesion of the materials they're built from considerably weaker. With their lowered resistance to damage, a Foehn commander can largely decrease the time necessary to destroy enemy bases. The effects of Syncronin's bond breaker are accumulative, meaning that if more than one of them targets a building, its material cohesion will weaken even more, further increasing its vulnerability.
|This section is a stub. Why don't you help out by expanding it?|
Syncronins controlled by the AI have the following attack patterns:
- 1x loaded in Jackal Racer
- 2x targeting structures, accompanied by 6 Lancers
- This task force will only be built if a Cyberkernel is present
- 4x targeting structures, accompanied by 2 Shadrays, Tarchia Cannons or Gharials
- 2x targeting anything, accompanied by 4 Knightframes and 4 Lancers
- The AI will use Nanofiber Sync on this task force first
- If available, Rage, Kinetic Barrier, and Regen/Wonder Drugs may also be applied
- 2x targeting structures, accompanied by 3 Shadrays and 2 Megalodons
Behind the scenes
- As there appears to be no limit to the stackable armor debuffs, several Syncronins (at least 10 or more) targeting the same building will cause even certain, normally harmless effects to become lethal.
- Prior to version 3.3.5, the Blackout Missile is able to destroy even the most durable buildings with enough Syncronins. This is because of the debris that comes from the Blackout that deals a small amount of damage. The mass Syncronins increase this damage value up to the point where it can cause actual damage.
- A demonstration of this can be found here.