|“||Many possibilities, only one choice.||”|
The Suppressor is a Pacific Front amphibious combat specialist infantry that are capable of converting incoming damage into healing for friendly troops instead, making them unusually valuable.
After several exhausting battles against the Chinese divisions, the Pacific Front forces have taken big losses to their armored and infantry forces. Losses taken were so severe, that the scientists of Kanegawa Industries desperately attempted to find a way to increase survivability rate of their troops. However, several events enforced them to delay the research on a certain experimental weapon for long time.
Finally, answer came with an improbable new equipment, named the "Negation Field". This device was capable of reverting the destructive nature of every projectile to point, where attacking would simply heal the target - with an opposite result for any repairing or healing tool. After several tests and positive results of this new weapon's efficiency, Negation Fields in compact form have been given to soldiers on armored hoverboards. Those, who mastered the potential of this tech have been named the Suppressors.
The technology behind the "Negation Field" remains a mystery. Some of the Pacific Front's enemies speculate that it is based on previously undiscovered Einstein's chrono research, which wasn't completed due to his death. What is known is that the Suppressors quickly earned their fame in battle, and now are favourite support units of many Pacific Front commanders, capable of fighting on both land or water and supporting frontline assaults with great results. Whenever there are Suppressors on the field, the casualty ratio for the Allied troops is ensured to stay low.
Suppressor is the subfaction-exclusive Tier 3 infantry of the Pacific Front, with the same level as Riot Trooper and Sniper. Instead of using conventional weapons, they fires a negation field to enemy units or buildings, causing the enemy to repair/heal the Pacific Front troops, or let the affected enemy repair unit or Field Medic destroy/kill another enemy troops. This ability can play an unexpected role at critical moments, such as reversing the damage of the Centurion Siege Crawler while keep moving. A sufficient number of Suppressors can also cover key units into the target area for destruction while launching a negation field to each of a large number of enemy units.
Suppressors also have the ability to move over the water, meaning that their negation fields can also be applied to the Navy. However, they are still unable to cope with air unit attacks.
|“||Commander, the Pacific Front has provided us with blueprints for their experimental Suppressor. This soldier uses temporal paradox tech to disrupt enemy weapons and turn them against themselves.||”|
|—Allied intel during Operation: Stormbringer|
- In Convergence, if the player chooses Norio as the hero to complete this mission, then during the period of clearing the defense on the right side of the canal, the first batch of Suppressors will appear as reinforcements.
- Suppressor is introduced in Stormbringer, after the commander builds a Tech Center.
- In The Great Beyond, if the player chooses the Chinese arsenal, a few minutes after the Pacific Front base is established on the chosen island, Suppressors will become trainable from the Soviet Barracks (with Atomheart).
- The Suppressor's hoverboard bears resemblance to the Goblin Glider, a vehicle that is used by the Green Goblin from Marvel comics.
- Inversed firepower ignores original attack modifiers. For example, a single shot from Navy SEAL deals 5 (50*10%) damage to a Heavy armored vehicle, but restores 25 hit points (50*0.5) instead of 2.5 after firepower inversion.