In terms of gameplay, the SteinsTech Spectral Tower acts as a much more powerful version of the Prism Tower: a prism refractor, which is stronger and can fire from much farther, is mounted on its top.
- Alongside the advanced Gap Generators, the SteinsTech Spectral Tower is one of the targets in Lights Out. All of them must be destroyed by the player-controlled Latin Confederation forces.
- Three SteinsTech Spectral Towers appear in the Heavyobject Challenge. One of them guards the Epsilon base; the other two stand at the entrance to the innermost part of the enemy fortress along with the Eiffel Tower.
- In Siegfried's Techzentrum, the SteinsTech Spectral Tower appears at the very centre. However, it can't be captured and serves only as a scenery prop.
Behind the scenes
- Prior to version 3.3.5, the Spectral Tower is simply known as SteinsTech Tower.
- The sound it emits is the same as the background noise for the mission loading screens in C&C Generals.
- The SteinsTech Spectral Tower was originally supposed to be named FutureTech Tower and server as the successor to Tech Time Machine as a Tech structure. This is further evident by its internal name, [FTHQ].