The Skyray Cannon is an advanced anti-air defense structure used by the Pacific Front.
The Skyray Cannon is the Pacific Front's advanced principle anti-aircraft defense available once its technology buildings are constructed. Firing a cryo-beam that rapidly deteriorates metal, the Skyray can quickly deal damage to enemy aircraft of all sorts. The Skyray's range and firepower makes Pacific Front's base less accessible to enemy airforce than those of the United States and Euro Alliance.
Skyray Cannon appears as the subfaction-exclusive advanced anti-air defense structure of Pacific Front in the late battles. Similar to the American Aeroblaze, each of its shot has a high lethality.
Although Skyray Cannon has a strong anti-air capability and a relatively medium cost, its biggest problem is the extremely high power consumption, which means that Pacific commanders must build more Power Plants and Power Turbines to support it keep working. However, Power Plants often become the target of the enemy's key attack. Therefore, Skyray Cannons is not particularly easy to be used.
- Skyray Cannon debuts in Think Different as an enemy structure.
- In Godsend, the SteinsTech Hangar is protected by several Skyray Cannons.
- Skyray Cannon is introduced as a buildable structure in Stormbringer.
Behind the scenes
- In 3.0 the Skyray Cannon was a tier 2 anti-air defence that replaced the Patriot Missile Site for Pacific Front.
- The artwork of this building by MadHQ is a public asset and can be used by other modders. The link can be found here (called Sonic Turret).