|“||A brilliant idea.||”|
|—A Siege Cadre with a wry sense of humor|
The Siege Cadre is an Allied anti-structure infantry unit armed with a prism rifle, which is a smaller version of the Prism Tank's weapon, and wears thick armor which makes them immune to bites and scratches.
Following the Prism Tank's success as a siege engine, efforts to create a miniaturized prism weapon quickly sprung up. The most successful attempt was the Comet Prism Rifle 00, which was quickly put into mass production. The Siege Cadres are men trained to use the rifle with pinpoint precision, allowing for devastating results on hardened targets and structures, as well as human flesh.
Armored vehicles however, have proven to be a problem due to the lack of charging coils in the prism rifle to increase portability. Siege Cadres wear extra thick suits to protect them from any possible discharges from their weapon. This has the beneficial side effect of protecting them from Attack Dogs, but also the disadvantage of being affected by the [sic] magnetic weapons.
Siege Cadres are specialized siege infantry, as their prism rifles are remarkably effective against structures. Their decent attack range and high precision ensures that they can accurately fire at enemy structures such as Gatling Cannons, Battle Bunkers and possibly even Tesla Coils (with proper micromanagement) without retaliation. Coupled with Navy SEALs and Guardian G.I.s, a group of Siege Cadres is capable of razing bases in a matter of minutes.
The plate armor Siege Cadres wear provides them a little bit more resistance to enemy fire. In addition, their plated suits also grant them immunity to Attack Dogs and Spooks. However, this also means that Siege Cadres are one of the few infantry units vulnerable to magnetic weapons. Unlike Tesla Troopers, their suits offer little protection to prevent enemy tanks from crushing and they are nowhere near as durable as other infantry that utilize plate armor. They are also vulnerable to other battlefield hazards such poison clouds, firestorms and radiation fields.
The Siege Cadre has decent mobility for an infantry. When loaded into an IFV, it gains extra mobility and range that allows one to harass and pick off enemy buildings while acting as a possible alternative to dedicated artillery units earlier on in the game prior to the construction of a Tech Center.
The major downside of Siege Cadres is that they are limited as anti-structure specialists. One cannot expect this prism infantry to deal significant damage to enemy infantry and armored vehicles. Siege Cadres are also vulnerable to anti-infantry weapons and air units. Rocketeers and Viruses are examples of decent counters against them.
Siege Cadres controlled by the AI have the following attack patterns:
- 2x targeting anything, accompanied by Siegfried
- 4x targeting infantry, accompanied by 4 Rocketeers
- 4x targeting structures
- 4x targeting structures, accompanied by 4 Guardian GIs
- If available, the AI will use Rage, Kinetic Barrier and Regen/Wonder Drugs on this task force
- 4x targeting structures, accompanied by 3 Navy SEALs
- 4x loaded inside a Battle Tortoise, then proceed to target structures
- This task force may be accompanied by 1 additional Battle Tortoise with the same passengers
- 6x targeting structures, accompanied by 2 Athena Cannons or Prism Tanks
- 1x loaded inside a Stryker IFV, Archon AMC or Tsurugi, then proceed to target structures
- This task force may be accompanied by 1 additional IFV with the same passenger
- 2x targeting anything, accompanied by 2 Navy SEALs and 4 Rocketeers
- 2x targeting anything, accompanied by 4 Guardian GIs and 4 Rocketeers
- 4x targeting infantry, accompanied by 2 Navy SEALs
- 6x targeting base defenses
- 6x targeting structures, accompanied by 2 Hailstorms
|“||The Siege Cadre use prism rifles against infantry and structures. You can now train them.||”|
|—Allied intel during Operation: Beautiful Mind|
- Siege Cadres mark their first appearance as trainable unit in Beautiful Mind.
Behind the scenes
- In 2.0, the Siege Cadre was called the Enforcer and used a slightly recolored model of the Desolator.
- Coincidentally, Chrono Legionnaires and . (released in 2009) also introduced wielding a portable prism weapon. However this weapon bears stronger resemblance to those used by