The Shield Command is an essential structure for the European Alliance, which grants access to more advanced technologies and defensive support powers.
The Shield Command controls the Force Shield which can protect your structures from any sort of enemy attacks for a short while. It also provides the access to an emergency Lightning Rod, which is useful during power shortage situations. Moreover, the Shield Command acts as the technology expander for the Euro Alliance, enabling new weapons and options in the tech tree.
The construction of the Shield Command grants the European Alliance commander access to the following support powers:
|Type: Defensive Power|
Recharge Time: 6:00
Shields friendly structures in the target area, making them invulnerable for 30 secondsLeft-click icon then left-click on target location
|Type: Utility Power|
Recharge Time: 5:00
Deploy a temporary Lightning Rod on the battlefield
It's important to note that this building not only provides access to Tier 2 units, but provides European Alliance specific Tier 3 units with the Tech Center, sans the Spy, Barracuda and Cryocopter. This means that just like the Tech Center, it's imperative that EA commanders protect this building after its construction as they will lose almost all their unique units and the majority of their advanced tech, especially since this building has less overall health than its Tier three counterpart.
In the campaign, certain enemy Shield Commands are dedicated to shielding certain enemy buildings. These targets are permanently invulnerable until the Shield Command is destroyed, but unless if specified otherwise they do not provide the Force Shield superweapon.
- The Shield Command is first seen in Idle Gossip as an enemy building and is first buildable in Panic Cycle.
- In Divergence, Latin Confederation owns a Shield Command in their base.
- In Godsend, each Shield Command maintains a permanent Force Shield over the nearby Allied defences that can only be turned off by destroying the Shield Command. Only the Shield Command protecting the area near the SteinsTech Hangar must be destroyed to complete the mission; the rest can be skipped.
- In Meltdown, an abandoned Shield Command is present at right side of map. Capturing it will grant access to Forces Shield and directly unlocks Mirage Tank.
- In the second part of Reality Check, two Shield Commands in the Allied outpost must be destroyed, as they shield the Comm Tower, Construction Yard, as well as structures around the Shield Commands.
- In The Remnant, Shield Command will be unlocked a while after the battle begins. However, large amount of Euro Alliance's weaponry are missing (Charon Tank, Thor Gunship and Lightning Rod), as the Allies have lost significant amount of tech after failing the Antarctic battle.
Behind the scenes
- The Shield Command's appearance is actually the restored alpha design of the from .