The Second Great War follows the events of Red Alert 1 (in particular the canon Allied campaign). Similar to the Red Alert 2 timeline, the Allies were ultimately victorious at the end of the war, and the leader of the Soviets during that time, Stalin, was killed.
- The Allies occupied Soviet territory in Eastern Europe after the war. This did not last however.
- Alexander Romanov succeeded Stalin as Premier.
- Yuri, a remnant of Stalin's psychic legacy, was appointed as Chief Advisor of Romanov. PsiCorps was also founded.
- Volkov and Chitzkoi's remains were acquired by the Soviets. Eventually the cyborg duo was resurrected.
- Colonel Nikos Stavros is retired during Third Great War, and asked two European commanders to retake Soviet-occupied Athens.
Official description mentions
According to their respective lore in the official website, several units in Mental Omega directly succeeded those featured in Red Alert 1. These units are the following:
- The Rocket Soldier became the Guardian GI.
- The Tanya Adams program continued.
- The Ore Truck became the Chrono Miner and War Miner for the Allies and Soviets respectively.
- The Light Tank became the Bulldog Tank.
- The Medium Tank became the Cavalier Tank.
- The Cruiser was modernized and became the Battleship.
- The Chrono Tank was improved and became the Quickshifter.
- The Flamethrower became the Pyro.
- The Shock Trooper became the Tesla Trooper.
- Volkov and Chitzkoi were rebuilt.
- The Heavy Tank became the Qilin Tank.
- The Demolition Truck was modernized with former M.A.D. Tank warheads.
- The Missile Submarine became the Akula Missile Sub.
- The Super Tank (and by extension the Mammoth Tank) became the Apocalypse Tank.
- The M.A.D. Tank was improved and became the M.A.D.M.A.N.
- Red Alert was planned to be a prequel to the original Command & Conquer (which could have explained the background for some of the more outlandish technologies seen in the latter). However, this idea was complicated after the release of Red Alert 2 by Westwood Pacific, which led the Red Alert universe to an entirely different storyline. The main Westwood studio in Las Vegas attempted to remedy this with Tiberian Incursion and Renegade 2, but Westwood Studios were closed before these projects could reach a serious development phase. Hence, the Red Alert universe can be seen as separate to the Tiberium universe, but the connection to the Tiberium universe after the Allied ending in the first Red Alert can also be considered an alternate timeline. On the C&C Wiki, the latter approach is considered valid, unless otherwise stated.
- Second World War in the EVA Database (or Command & Conquer Wiki)