|Support Power||Old version(s)||Gallery||Changelog|
The Scout Raven is a support power used by Epsilon from their Radar Spire to deploy its namesake, a genetically modified raven under the proselyte's full control that can scout for enemy movement and locate enemy bases as it flies around the battlefield.
Unlike other reconnaissance support powers, the Scout Raven is highly vulnerable to enemy anti-air weapons. The Raven is considered to be a flying infantry unit and benefits from healing if the owner also has a Tech Hospital.
Scout Raven is the only reconnaissance power that the AI will never use.
- The Scout Raven is first usable in the campaign in Human Shield. In this mission as well as in Landlocked, Rainmaker, Singularity, Rush Tactics, Huehuecoyotl, Blood Rage and Backbitten (1st player only) (does not apply to Singularity on Mental difficulty and Blood Rage on Normal and Mental difficulty), Ravens can be summoned without the need of a Radar Spire, as the player doesn't have access to bases.
- At the end of The Raven, there's a Raven flying over the Soviet General's command post as the map becomes shrouded and the timer of the Iron Curtain Device changes colour from red to violet.
- In Earthrise, Ravens are fully operational despite the lack of an atmosphere on the Moon. Soviet intel remarks that they must be mutants or mechanical because of this.
Behind the scenes
- The Scout Raven's SHP sprite (originally named Mutant Raven) is available for public download to be used by other modders. The links can be found here or here.
- In the beta builds of 3.0 Scout Ravens were available as a trainable unit from the Epsilon Barracks, filling the same role as Attack Dogs.