The Robo Tengu is a lightly armored robot capable of hovering over water and armed with a machine gun effective against infantry. It is capable of snuffing out sneaky disguised Chinese Saboteurs. Despite the fact that it hovers above ground, it cannot cross over water.
|“||Those little hovering K.I. drones can detect our Saboteurs too, avoid them.||”|
|—Soviet intel during Operation: Eclipse|
- In Think Different, Robo Tengus make their first chronological appearance as enemy Pacific Front forces.
- In the Chinese Special Ops mission Eclipse, Robo Tengus appear among the enemy Pacific Front forces. They will shut down once all Robot Ops Control Centers and designated War Factories are destroyed.
Behind the scenes
The Robo Tengu's voxel is a public asset and can be used by other modders. The link can be found here.
- Tengu (天狗, てんぐ) is a kind of of yōkai (monster) or kami (god) in Japanese mythology like the Kappa. They can fly in the sky and they usually live in deep mountains. Tengu means the Heavenly Dog in Japanese, "天" (ten) means the heaven, "狗" (gu) means the dog. See also: Chinese Etymology Site.
- Prior to version 3.3.4, the Robo Tengu already existed as an unused unit that could be spawned through the map editor introduced in version 3.3.3.
- The Tsurugi Powersuit's unit ID is actually named TENGU, while the Robo Tengu's unit ID is MECHA. In addition, the Tsurugi's armor type is called "tengu" as well.
- Without doubt, this unit originates from the . It uses a similar model and armament, but cannot transform into a fighter jet.