|“||Continuing the hunt.||”|
|—Reznov on the move|
Reznov, alongside Morales, is the only other sniper that the Soviet Union has access to. Unlike the Latin Confederation's hero, this Soviet officer has a more limited role as an anti-infantry specialist. Nevertheless, he is still a powerful counter against infantry units, capable of killing most foot soldiers with a single shot at incredible distances. Like Tanya and Chitzkoi, he can also clear out garrisoned buildings instantly if he can close the distance with them.
Should the opportunity arises, Reznov can also level entire structures with C4 charges. Though he is a relatively hardy unit that can endure modest levels of punishment, he should avoid threats that pose a danger to infantry units (especially anti-infantry vehicles) at all times.
Because he cannot deal with enemy vehicles, he should be accompanied with Krukov and/or the appropriate anti-armor units.
Reznov makes all his appearances in the campaign alongside Krukov.
- In Idle Gossip, shortly after the base is established, Reznov and Krukov will arrive via paradrop to aid the player, marking their first contanct with the Soviet General. They can be lost without compromising the mission.
Though they do not appear in person, Reznov is in command of the White House garrison and after the Soviet General reestablishes contact with him, he directs the general to head to the communications outpost with caution.
- See: The Raven
At the beginning of the mission, they lead a small squad to free the Soviet General from Yuri's clutches. In the first part of the mission, Krukov and Reznov, controlled by the AI, lead the General to the Airbase with the Kirov Command Airship; once the General boards the Kirov, they'll fall under the control of the player. Both colonels must survive the mission.
Reznov and Krukov are required to investigate the Chinese cybernetic research. They can be lost without compromising the mission.
A few minutes after the mission begins, Reznov and Krukov will arrive via paradrop to aid the player. They can be lost without compromising the mission.
At the start of the mission, Reznov will quickly approach and destroy a Psychic Beacon built at the Russian outpost in the upper right corner of the map with an iron-curtain-protected Tigr APC, taking back control of this outpost. He will withdraw from the battlefield in time for treatment if he's knocked down in battle. In the end, he and Krukov are one of the few survivors of the Soviet task forces following the launch of an interplanetary nuclear missile.
Reznov and Krukov are part of the player's initial forces. They can be lost without compromising the mission, and they can be retrained in the Soviet Barracks if they fall in battle. The amount of times they can be brought back into the battle depends on the difficulty level, and remain as elite level when retrained.
Reznov and Krukov would announce the good news to Soviet General next to the statue of Boris and celebrate the liberation of the motherland, but the ensuing mind control wave covered everything and their whereabouts are unknown.
- In the first part of Brothers in Arms, Reznov and Krukov are required to destroy several Epsilon-controlled Nuclear Reactors to open the way for a Soviet assault on Stalingrad. Reznov is assisted in this task by barrels conveniently placed near the Nuclear Reactors. After the Nuclear Reactors have been destroyed, Reznov and Krukov will be evacuated from the city; both must survive until then.
- Reznov and Krukov (then only lieutenant-colonels) first appear in Needlehead, where they have not met the Soviet General. They can be lost without compromising the mission.
- In Cyberanatomy, Reznov and Krukov must free an Engineer and a Saboteur from the Chinese, lead them to their destination so they can infiltrate the Chinese database, then evacuate the area in a Kamaz before the Chinese could capture them. Both must survive the mission.
- Reznov and Krukov appear in Intoxicated to resolve a crisis in Spain. They must survive throughout the mission.
- Reznov and Krukov are part of the enemy forces in the Revolution Challenge. Every few minutes they'll paradrop near the entrance to the enemy fortress and attack the challengers' bases until the enemy Russian base is destroyed.
Behind the scenes
- Reznov's SHP sprite is a public asset and can be used by other modders. The link can be found here.
- The author describes the sprite (originally named Soviet VDV Rifleman) as "a conscript that has exchanged his shoulder pads for a blue beret, an AK-74 and a backpack".
- Reznov's role being highly limited as a long-ranged anti-personnel and anti-structure infantry unit is a throwback to Tiberian Dawn's iconic Commando.