The Repair Crane is a Soviet support structure that periodically repairs friendly vehicles.
Cranes are simple buildings built in Soviet bases to automatically repair nearby friendly vehicles at regular intervals. Note that Cranes cannot remove Terror Drones, as a Repair Drone is needed for such a task. The repair effects of Cranes don't overlap, so there is no need to place them close to each other.
The Repair Crane serves as the replacement of the Soviet service depot from the original Red Alert 2 (in fact, the former uses the crane model from the latter, hence its name). Despite its lower hit points, higher tier, cost and power requirement than its original version, it compensates for its area-of-effect ability to repair all vehicles in its radius, which saves time for the Soviet general. It also does so for free (as do most repair operations in Mental Omega), meaning the Soviet general doesn't have to worry about losing resources that would otherwise be used for building the Soviet war machine.
Additional utility for this structure include supporting vehicular defenders so that the damage they take is reduced until the general is able to construct Iron Guards to make this problem obsolete, and reducing casualties of War Miners and other important vehicles from ambushes near the Soviet base.
Depending on the difficulty, the AI will only build a certain amount of Repair Cranes. Easy and Medium AI will build a maximum of 1 Repair Crane, while Hard AI will build a maximum of 2.
- The Repair Crane makes its first appearance in Bleed Red. In this mission and in Side Effect, it is present in player's base but unbuildable.
- The Repair Crane becomes buildable in Idle Gossip.
- In The Gardener, the player can repair the Tsurugi prototype by reaching any Repair Cranes on the battlefield.
- In Trophy Hunter, the Chinese have deployed two Repair Cranes to support the evacuation. Vehicles among the evacuating troops will go to repair when they reach an empty Repair Crane, and then will go out and can be commanded by the player. The Repair Crane do not have repair ring in this mission.
- In Digital Demon, the traitors will use a Repair Crane to upgrade their Shin Tsurugi Decimator. Since this Repair Crane is protected by the continuous Iron Curtain effect before the upgrade is completed, the player cannot stop the upgrade process by destroying it.