The Psychic Sensor is the predecessor of the Mind Reader, used by the Soviet Union during the Act 1 campaign before the betrayal of Yuri and the PsiCorps. It serves as an early warning measure against hidden enemies, detect enemy movement and expose them to attacks. The psychical design of this structure is later used for the Radar Spire.
The Psychic Sensor is capable of warning the commander of enemy movement around it.
Some time before the betrayal of Yuri, the Soviets lost access to the Psychic Sensor alongside other PsiCorps-related tech. They probably created the Sensor Tower to fill the Psychic Sensor's role, though the former cannot detect enemy movement like the latter can.
During the interwar period, Yuri improved on the Psychic Sensor, resulting in the Mind Reader, which can perform the same function for a reduced price, power consumption and size.
The Psychic Sensor is only used in Act One and debuts in Enforcers. It is unlocked by Soviet tier 3 access buildings, and is buildable by PsiCorps in Rush Tactics as well as by all Soviet subfactions in the following Soviet missions:
- Repentance (cooperative)
- Lights Out (cooperative)
- Thunder God (cooperative)
- Death From Above
- Panic Cycle
- Downfall (cooperative, however it doesn't got adjustment in this mission so it appears as Radar Spire incorrectly)
- Dragonstorm: A few minutes into this mission, access to Psychic Sensor along with the rest of PsiCorps technology will be lost.
- Actually, all appearances of Chinese Psychic Sensors mentioned above are incorrect design.
- Probably due to negligence, Psychic Sensor is unavailable to build in Ravages of War and Moonlight.
- In Rush Tactics, Psychic Sensor is available to build once a Tesla Reactor and a Soviet Ore Refinery is built instead of Palace due to only basic arsenal is provided. Also Psychic Sensor is classified in the normal building production column in this mission.
- The Psychic Sensor shares the same model with the Epsilon Radar Spire, bearing some difference on colour scheme and cosmetic appearance. The Epsilon counterpart functions as a radar and the sensor's role is given to the Mind Reader.