|“||Why did you give me this?||”|
|—An Oxidizer driver complaining to a proselyte about his non-lethal weapon|
The Oxidizer is a support anti-air vehicle used by the Scorpion Cell. Despite being classified as such, it does no damage to enemy aircraft whatsoever, but instead makes them more susceptible to damage.
The Oxidizer is the Scorpion Cell's dedicated anti-air support system. Oxidizers are primarily made up of salvaged parts of other vehicles, haphazardly soldered and bolted together in order to cut down on costs taxing the Cell's fluctuating budget. The resulting contraption is capable of moving on water with help of simple suspension materials, and fires capsules containing a highly potent cocktail of hydrogen peroxide, hydrochloric acid, and nitric acid, which literally eats away at aircraft.
Due to the threadbare interiors, a dangerous mix of chemicals used, and a rather unstable construction of the Oxidizer, the position of pilot or gunner of one of these death traps is considered a lowly position among the Scorpion Cell forces, reserved usually for disciplinary action. The Oxidizer is designed purely for anti-aircraft warfare and so is very vulnerable to any other forces.
Oxidizer is a special Tier 3 unit used by Scorpion Cell to reduce the defense of enemy air units. This feature makes it often used in conjunction with the Gatling Tank and turn this team into "advanced anti-air defense unit". Even better, they have the same speed, which means that this combination can also be used for guerrilla.
The biggest weakness of Oxidizer is that the armor is extremely weak. Due to this, Scorpion Cell commanders are more accustomed to using them and the matching Gatling Tank/Gatling Cannon for defending their base and sending them into the Tank Bunker.
|“||Our new Oxidizers can make enemy air units more vulnerable to damage.||”|
|—Epsilon intel during Operation: Fallen Ashes|
- Oxidizer debuts in Fallen Ashes, being able to build from a single Stalin's Fist.
- In Split Seconds when commanding Epsilon HQ, several Oxidizers will be sent to the player after a while and will be unlocked through Geneplug.
- As there appears to be no limit to the stackable armor debuffs, several Oxidizers (at least 10 or more) targeting the same air unit will cause even certain, normally harmless effects to become lethal.
- For instance, a Black Widow's armor boost to friendly aircraft (or Sensor Tower's spotlight) is able to destroy the most durable air units with enough Oxidizers. This is because the buff or debuff from such units/defenses deal 1 damage to the target in order to apply said buff/debuff. The mass Oxidizers increase this damage value up to the point where it can cause actual damage.
- A demonstration of this can be found here.