Overcharge is a Russian support power available from the Palace. It temporarily boosts the potency of Tesla weapons (Tesla Troopers, Shock Troopers, Volkov, Tesla Cruisers and Tesla Coils) within its area-of-effect, causing their attacks to deal more damage while Overcharge is in effect.
Overcharge also affects Wormqueens, because its psionic weapons, while different, are derived from Tesla technology.
A special task force (comprising of 4 Tesla Cruisers) will be constructed and will regroup near the enemy base once Overcharge is 70% ready, or roughly 2 minutes before it is ready. These Tesla Cruisers will target anything.
Only Hard AI will carry out this behavior, and will also combine Overcharge with Invulnerability and Irradiation Beta.
|“||Comrade, you can use the Overcharge to enhance tesla weapons temporarily.||”|
|—Soviet intel during Operation: The Raven|
- The Overcharge is first usable in the campaign in The Raven.
- In Noise Severe, Heartwork (except on Mental difficulty), Meltdown and the second part of Brothers in Arms (after Krukov and Reznov are evacuated but before the MCVs arrive), Overcharge can be used without the need of a Palace.
- In the first phase of Time Capsule, Overcharge is one of many one-time support powers that can be found in crates scattered around the battlefield. The Overcharge crate can be found at the corridor where multiple Tech Cannon Bunkers are present. In addition, a special Overcharge can be acquired as an easter egg that causes all captured Tesla Coils to be temporarily operational.
- Overcharge appears as easter egg in Thunder God.
Behind the scenes
- In 3.0, Overcharge has a different visual effect and a smaller radius (3x3 instead of 5x5, see gallery), but doubles the affected units' firepower.
- The Russian campaign-exclusive epic unit Perun Flagship was intended to appear in place of Overcharge, as it can buff single or multiple units armed with Tesla weapons.