The Nuclear Reactor is an advanced Soviet power structure, capable of providing a huge amount of power.
The Nuclear Reactor will explode upon destruction due to its instability, however, posing a risk to anything around them.
Though the Allies may have banned the use of nuclear fission for energy due to the high environmental risks it carries, the Soviets have no such qualms. A single Nuclear Reactor generates enough power to satisfy most of an average Soviet base's needs. However, they are large and vulnerable structures. Destruction of one will result in a cataclysmic meltdown and the resulting explosion can cripple a base.
For a detailed list of changes from the original game, click here.
The Nuclear Reactor provides the most power in the entire game. It provides about 13 times more power than Tesla Reactors for more than twice the cost, making it a more cost-efficient alternative to power Soviet bases.
While it can produce a huge amount of power, it is equally prone to sabotage as any spies can still shut it down. In addition, the affected base's power will take longer to restart if an infiltration is successful in contrast to a sabotaged Tesla Reactor. If the Nuclear Reactor is destroyed, it will cause a cataclysmic meltdown, badly damaging units around it and crippling the base power production.
Depending on the difficulty, the AI will only build a certain amount of Nuclear Reactors. Easy AI will build a maximum of 1 Nuclear Reactor, Medium AI will build a a maximum of 2, while Hard AI will build a maximum of 3.
- Nuclear Reactor debuts in Heaven and Hell, and becomes buildable in Idle Gossip.
- In Wrong Side, the destruction of Nuclear Reactors will alert the Soviets, resulting in mission failure.
- In The Conqueror, the destruction of 5 Nuclear Reactors with Shadow Tanks is the first objective of the mission.
- In Power Hunger, Morales is sent to destroy 2 Nuclear Reactors in order to disable the Hammer Defenses near the shore.
- In Brothers in Arms, commanding Reznov and Krukov to destroy five Nuclear Reactors under Epsilon control is the first mission objective.
Behind the scenes
- In 3.0 the Nuclear Reactor will provide a speed boost to nearby Qilin Tanks and Nuwa Cannons. This ability was removed in subsequent patches.
- in the