It's getting hot in here! Three Latin Confederation armies have landed near your position and are now surrounding your forces. It seems they are ready to burn the island to the ground if it's what they need to do to defeat you.Map description
Moltencore Challenge is the fifth Challenge map against three pyromaniac Latin Confederation enemies.
Support power changes/additions:
- The Sandstorm from the Smoke Bombs support power has an increased number of runs from 12 to 16, and increased health from 1125 to 1300.
- Flame Tower uses more lethal white phospherus weapon, just like in part of Act One missions.
- Borillos, Pyros and Desolators are created as veterans.
- Catastrophe Tanks are created with a Desolator already inside.
- Jaguar Tanks and Mortar Quads fire shells similar to the Catastrophe Tank's, making them more effective against armor and buildings.
- Mortar Quads, Fury Drones, Morales are immune to fire damage.
- The Bomb Pilot explodes like an elite Crazy Ivan.
- Morales has an increased default speed from 7 to 8, and an decreased Rate of Fire from 180 to 60 (both stats are identical to Morales during the mission Thread of Dread).
- The weapons of X-MiGs called by Morales, Bomb Pilot and Bomb Buggy will leave spreading fire.
- Vulture's napalm drop has been enhanced.
Starting point Tech buildings
Challengers' start point is protected by Tech Concrete Walls.
- In version 3.3.4, the Flame Tower was modified to a support power with summoning 3 Pyros to attack challengers. This was a recycle of a scrapped concept.
- The challenge's name comes from the World of Warcraft raid dungeon Molten Core, where the players fight against Ragnaros the Firelord. Similarly, this map features Latin Confederation's flame weapons.
- The challenge's map is a modified version of a skirmish map Magmageddon, which originated from a skirmish map from .
Other Soviet subfaction challenges: