The Mercury Network Uplink establishes a connection with the network of Mercury Satellites that orbits the Earth. This allows an American commander to fire strong laser beams on a target anywhere on the battlefield without additional designator units like the Athena. Moreover, the Mercury Network Uplink acts as the technology expander for the United States, enabling new weapons and options in the tech tree.
For a detailed list of changes from the original game, click here.
The construction of the Mercury Network Uplink grants the United States commander access to the following support powers:
|Type: Offensive Power|
Recharge Time: 6:00
Fires a laser beam from outer space
|Type: Utility Power|
Recharge Time: 4:30
Weakens the armor of enemy ground and naval units and buildings in the target area by 20% for 12 secondsLeft-click icon then left-click on target location.
It's important to note that this building not only provides access to Tier 2 units, but provides United States specific Tier 3 units with the Tech Center, sans the Spy, Barracuda and Cryocopter. This means that just like the Tech Center, it's imperative that US commanders protect this building after its construction as they will lose almost all their unique units and the majority of their advanced tech, especially since this building has less overall health than its Tier three counterpart.
- The Mercury Network Uplink held by Pacific Front is the target of Death From Above and must be destroyed by the player-controlled Latin Confederation. It is significantly more durable than normal Mercury Uplinks, capable of surviving a direct Tactical Nuke.
- In Money Source, there is a Mercury Network Uplink reconstructed by the US forces at the deepest part of the enemy base. However, its function has not yet been restored. The American forces also has similar one in Fallen Ashes.
- The Mercury Network Uplink becomes buildable in the Special Ops mission Obstinate. In this mission, it unlocks the Prism Tank (in place of the Shield Command), but doesn't grant access to Mercury Strike, Target Painter or the Athena Cannon.
- The Mercury Network Uplink becomes fully operational in Ghost Hunt.
Behind the scenes
- In version 3.0, the Mercury Uplink was a supplementary superweapon of the United States, unlocked by the Tech Center and limited to one per player, while the American Strategy Center served as the US exclusive support power structure like other two.
- When a Mercury Strike launches, the owner's Network Uplink will display a red laser circle anim effect on the radar top.
- in the