This page contains the Mental Omega Wiki's image and video policy. It describes rules for images and videos which are uploaded to the wiki.
- Guidelines describe desired etiquette and common practice in the creation, editing and organization of articles on this wiki.
- Any registered editor is free to edit this page to improve its readability as long as the essence of the article remains unchanged.
- If you would like to suggest content changes or propose a new policy or guideline, please use the wiki discussion forum.
- See the policies and guidelines page for an overview of this wiki's policies and guidelines.
- Images and videos are subject to the general content criteria. In addition, there are some specific rules for this type of content outlined below.
- Images may only be uploaded for use in articles and on user pages. On talk or forum pages, please link external images instead. Images for use in one's signature are considered user page images.
- Images should be of good quality.
- Images should never include parts of the UI (HUD, crosshair) unless the point of the given image is to illustrate the UI itself.
- Images should have a descriptive name.
User page images
- Only 5 user page images are allowed per user. If you wish to free up "slots", you need to mark old images for deletion.
- The file names of user page images have to start with "User" in order to avoid confusion with images for use in articles.
- NSFW user page images are strictly prohibited.
- User page images violating any of these rules will be deleted without warning.
- Embedded videos may only be used in articles if they illustrate issues which cannot be expressed by written text at all or only with difficulty. Examples for acceptable videos are game trailers or a video illustrating how to find an item which is in a hard-to-find location.
- Videos for user pages may not be uploaded to the wiki; please use the YouTube extension if you wish to place videos on your user page.