Cruise and fire!
The Kuznetsov-class dreadnought, known in-game as Kuznetsov Dreadnought, is a capital warship used by the Soviet navy except Russia, who uses the Akula Missile Sub instead (but not in the campaign), for long-range naval bombardment with its ballistic missiles.
Kuznetsov Dreadnoughts are the main command ships of the Soviet Navy. Easily able to lay waste to shore targets with their high-yield ballistic missiles, Kuznetsovs played an integral role in the initial assault on the United States. Outfitted with advanced sensors and communication arrays, the Kuznetsov Dreadnought is capable of detecting stealthed or submerged enemies. Though its missiles are powerful, they can be shot down with sufficient anti-aircraft defenses. Kuznetsovs are durable, but are very sluggish due to their mass, making them vulnerable to other ships or enemy aircraft.
For a detailed list of changes from the original game, click here.
The Kuznetsov Dreadnought still appears as the Soviet siege ship that does same as in vanilla game. It has higher hit points but also higher cost compared to Allied Aircraft Carrier, although lower than Foehn's Leviathan. It can be said that Kuznetsov Dreadnought is an average siege ship.
It is worth mentioning that the Russian siege ship was replaced by Akula Missile Submarine with a hit point higher than Kuznetsov Dreadnought. Even if it is not comparable to Russia's Akula Sub, Kuznetsov Dreadnought is still indispensable as Latin Confederation and China's siege ship.
Like other siege ships, the missiles launched by Kuznetsov Dreadnought are vulnerable to anti-aircraft weapons. Therefore, when using Kuznetsov Dreadnought to perform siege operations, it is best to clean up the nearby anti-air navy units, or let all Kuznetsov Dreadnoughts fire at the coastal anti-air defense structures first.
- In Bleed Red, Kuznetsov Dreadnoughts open the Russian invasion of the United States by destroying the Statue of Liberty.
- Kuznetsov Dreadnoughts become first buildable in Idle Gossip.
- Throughout the Act One campaign, Kuznetsov Dreadnoughts are used by Russia as well as the Latin Confederation and China, since the Akula Sub (which replaces them in skirmish for Russia) has yet to be created. The last mission in which Russian Kuznetsov Dreadnoughts appear is Awake and Alive, after which they're replaced by Akula Subs.
- In Needlehead, Kuznetsov Dreadnought is buildable once a Field Bureau exists, rather than Battle Lab.
Behind the scenes
- In 2.0 the Dreadnought's design is based on from the vanilla .
- in the