Infantry Only is a game mode specially designed for pure infantry combat. Based on the Tech Share mode, it disables all vehicles (barring miners), ships and aircrafts. Some technology are combined and adjusted for balance reasons. Introduced in 3.3 and balanced throughout the patches, the Infantry Only mode has attained reasonable balance suitable for multiplayer games. It offers a chess-like playstyle much different from either standard Mental Omega skirmish or original Red Alert 2.
- Player gains access to all subfactions' technology, similar to in Tech Share. Thus there's no difference among the three subfactions in the same faction.
- All War Factories, Airfields, Shipyards and Eco-boosters removed (For Allies' tier 2 tech provider check below). No Naval Combat and Limited MCV enforced by the client.
- Refinery cost reduced by $500 (Allies/Soviets/Epsilon $2000 => $1500, Foehn $1400 => 900). Sell price decreased to $50 from $300.
- Stolen Tech prohibited by the client. Cyborg Commando is not trainable in any way.
- Bonus Crates no longer spawn units. Veteran Crate probability increased to 10 from 8.
- AI builds less defenses (42/22/14 => 22/12/8 hard/medium/easy).
- All major superweapons' countdown time increased to 15 in-game minutes from 10, including Scorpion Cell's Fake Psychic Dominator.
- All minor superweapons removed. Blast Trenches and Iron Guards are therefore removed too.
- Air Force Command Headquarters replaced by Robot Ops Control Center, provides radar, Satellite Scan and Airborne support powers.
- Mercury Uplink and Shield Command cost decreased to $1000 from $1500.
- Tech Center now requires Robot Ops Control Center and either Mercury Uplink or Shield Command.
- Experimental Warpshop removed.
- Field Bureau now provides radar and Spy Plane support power. Instant Shelter and Drakuv Prison Vehicle removed.
- Palace removed, functions integrated into Atomheart, provides Overcharge and Wallbuster.
- All T3 tech providers' cost decreased to $3000 from $5000 and power cost decreased from 300 to 200.
- Tech Reinforcement Pad now drops infantry instead of vehicles.
- Tech Machine Shop replaced by Tech Hospital.
- Tech Heavy Machinery replaced by Tech Maintenance Center.
- Tech Aeronautics replaced by Tech Nuclear Plant.
- Tech Military Docks replaced by Tech Satellite Hack Center.
- Tech Secret Lab removed.
- Tech Base Expansion Post loses its repair aura.
Due to the subfactions' tech are generally shared to the whole faction, some factions can play with mixed infantry types.
Behind the scenes
- In older versions, the game mode is called Bloody Games.