The Industrial Plant is the Soviets' economy booster structure that increases the commander's production efficiency by making vehicles, aircraft and ships cheaper to produce.
Advancements in robotics allow Soviet commanders to build Industrial Plants: buildings which provide high tech construction drones, allowing for 25% increase in production speed[note 1] and 25% cost decrease for all vehicles, ships and aircraft. Though the initial investment in constructing a Plant is costly, the long-term benefits of churning out cheaper vehicles at an increased rate should be attractive to any commander.
For a detailed list of changes from the original game, click here.
Once the Industrial Plant is constructed, it reduces the price of any vehicles, tanks, ships and aerial unit by 25%. This allows the Soviet player to produce them at a cheaper price.
Additionally, the Industrial Plant also provides the owner with a steady stream of cash much like an Oil Derrick. In the game mode Ultimate Alliance, it serves to unlock Soviet stolen tech units such as the Apocalypse Tank.
The Industrial Plant also grants the following support power:
|Type: Resource Power|
Recharge Time: 7:30
|“||The Industrial Plant's presence on the battlefield will decrease the costs of your vehicles as well as provide you means of maintaining your War Factories in a high quality state.||”|
|—Soviet intel during Operation: Dragonstorm|
- The Industrial Plant makes its first appearance in Think Different for the Chinese.
- The Industrial Plant becomes available for the player to construct in Dragonstorm.
- In Moonlight, the Industrial Plant is only available to the enemy, while PsiCorps, who is using a Soviet Construction Yard, is able to build the Cloning Vats instead.
- In Earthrise onwards, the Industrial Plant can grant access to the Cyborg Vanguard.
- In Death's Hand, Industrial Plant can grant access to the Grumble.
- In Research Stroke, destroying two Industrial Plants is one of the mission's objectives.
- Contrary to the official description, the Industrial Plant does not actually reduce the build time of vehicles.
- in the