|“|| It's warping time!|
- A Hummingbird
The Hummingbird is a different approach to how enemy units can be toyed with and devaluated on the battlefield during combat. Coming from the SteinsTech labs, the Hummingbird is a result of another joint project developed by the European scientists; the fastest jet the Allied air force ever had, capable of forcing its enemies into a time warp where they move and fire much slower than usual. Unlike the Cryocopter, the Hummingbird's weapon has instant effects and works on a small area instead of a single target, however the jet is incapable of doing anything to enemy structures.
The Hummingbird is an Allied support fighter, which is mainly used to weaken the combat capability of a certain size of enemy ground forces: reduce attack power and slow down. At the same time, Hummingbird is also the fastest unit in Mental Omega (excluding chrono-teleporting units).
Hummingbird's ability of weaken the enemy is very impressive, making it easier for other nearby Allied forces to eliminate the affected team. However, Hummingbird's biggest shortcoming lies in the extremely demanding construct prerequisite, which makes few commanders have the opportunity to use them in battle.
- The Hummingbird first appears in Stone Cold Crazy. 2 of them helped greatly in slowing down the Kamaz trucks that contained components of the Barracuda.
- The Hummingbird becomes first buildable in Relentless, with the introduction of the Experimental Warpshop.
- The Hummingbird replaces the Pacific Front-exclusive Cryofield from version 3.0, as said aircraft fulfills a similar purpose but it is far superior.
- ↑ Allied Units page on the official Mental Omega website
- ↑ https://forums.revora.net/topic/106991-mo-33-feedback-suggestions-balance-new-features-modifications-etc/?p=1055608