I swear, officer, I... oh, it's you!
—A Hijacker relieved after knowing no need to worry
The Hijackers is a Scorpion Cell support power available from their Pandora Hub once it is upgraded with the Chemplug add-on, which, as its name suggests, paradrops three Hijackers anywhere on the battlefield. A Hijacker is a daring individual employed by the Scorpion Cell, whose primary role is to steal enemy vehicles. To do this, they can disguise themselves as almost any enemy infantry.
Despite acquiring the aid of Yuri's Epsilon Adepts themselves, the Scorpion Cell did not abandon its more ordinary ways of sabotaging its enemies' forces in the field. Some of their soldiers are still being trained and specialized in the art of hot wiring empty vehicles, and capturing manned enemy vehicles on the field in order to bolster the Cell's numbers.
The Hijackers, deployed with the Cell's Cargo Planes, are capable of capturing almost any manned vehicle. In order to get close enough, he is able to disguise as enemy infantry as well. He is also skilled enough to avoid getting crushed. Combined with the Shadow Ring, he can become an unexpected game changer.
The function of Hijacker is to steal enemy vehicles. Unlike the Morales' depiloting, even tier 3 vehicles can be hijacked by Hijackers. For Scorpion Cell, which lacks the anti-armor vehicles, is a make-up due to they can take the enemy's advanced vehicles as their own (although not applicable to epic units).
In addition, there is an advanced tactic about Hijacker: the proselytes can disguise them as other Epsilon infantry (such as Archer), then mix into their own infantry squad, and hijack enemy vehicles when another infantry is in battle.
Unused by the AI.
- Hijackers first appear at the beginning of Warranty Void, where six Hijackers are given to the player, with the purpose of hijacking the six Qilin Tanks in a motor pool nearby.
- In Lizard Brain, player can train Hijacker if the Pandora Hub with Chemplug has been recaptured.
- In Machinehead, along with 2 Infiltrators, 2 Hijackers will be sent after the Epsilon strike force has encountered Chinese defenses under an Iron Curtain effect. They need to infiltrate Chinese Tesla Reactors in order to disable the Iron Curtain.
- Hijackers also appear in the Covert Ops mission Blood Rage as reinforcements.
- Hijackers are among the enemy troops in Meltdown; however, they can only hijack non-Epsilon vehicles.
- In the Covert Ops mission Dawnbreaker, after the player have regained the Apocalypse Tank blueprint, 8 Hijackers can be found at the southeastern part of the map, near the Soviet outpost.
Behind the scenes
- In 3.0 the Hijacker belongs to the Latin Confederation.
- From version 3.3.0 to 3.3.4, Hijacker was able to be trained directly from Epsilon Barracks with Chemplug required, until Scourge replaced its position.
- The original sprite of the Hijacker is a public asset that can be used by other modders. The link can be found here(named Pilot).
- The Hijacker is conceptually similar to the in .
- Probably due to negligence, Hijacker currently does not have a death voice.