|“||It's super effective!||”|
|—A Hailstorm assesses an attack result|
The Hailstorm is a siege vehicle used by the Pacific Front. It is a mobile platform carrying a Hailjet bomber which it uses to destroy enemy structures from a distance.
Raining icy destruction from the skies above, the Hailstorm is the Pacific Front's premier siege engine. Formerly used to combat forest fires in Australia, the Hailstorm makes use of a bomber aircraft that unleashes several payloads of high-yield cryogenic substances, turning buildings into brittle constructs which easily collapse under their own weight. Though incredibly effective against structures and other hardened targets, the vehicle's Hailjet bomber is vulnerable to anti-aircraft fire.
Among the three siege vehicles of the Allies, the Hailstorm is the most survivable because it has the heaviest armor, making the Hailstorm usually survive from enemy's precise air raids.
Another major feature of Hailstorm is the attack mode and attack range. The small bomber Hailjet can cast a large number of hail cannon to a large target area, and their attack range is the highest among the three siege vehicles, which means that Hailstorm can even destroy enemy advanced defense structures like Antares Battery, outside their range. But this type of attack also means that Hailstorm is more difficult to attack bases full of anti-air power.
On the other hand, Hailstorm's maneuverability is far less than Prism Tank, even though its hail cannons are effective for infantry, its movement speed is the slowest. Therefore, Hailstorm usually needs some more flexible units and anti-air units to guard.
|“||We have finally completed the Hailstorm project that has been delayed for a long time. Use their Hailjets to strike enemy buildings from afar, but watch out for anti-air defenses.||”|
|—Allied intel during Operation: Hypothermia|
- In Eclipse, two Hailstorms appear in the KI complex. They do not have Hailjets on them and serve purely as props.
- In Digital Demon, a Hailstorm without jet is the key target to protect. The player needs to let a KI Scientist to re-extract its data by entering the Kanegawa Assembly in the top right corner of the map and evacuate it to a friendly Voyager Transport.
- The first functional Hailstorms appear in Rush Tactics, in a convoy protected by Battle Tortoises and Future Tanks. Their elimination is the goal of the two players, ensuring that they won't be put to use until much later in the war.
- Chronologically, the Hailstorm is first buildable in Hypothermia, earlier than Relentless.
- The Hailstorms are first put to use in Relentless. Some time after the player receives an MCV, a few Hailstorms will be given to the Allied Commander, although they aren't buildable until Insomnia.
- In The Great Beyond, if the player chooses the Chinese arsenal, a few minutes after the Pacific Front base is established on the chosen island, Hailstorms will become buildable from the Soviet War Factory (with Atomheart).
- The Hailstorm bears resemblance to the concept art of , a unit that was planned for but was removed from the final release.