The Grand Cannon is a long-range defense structure used by the Allies.
The Grand Cannon is the largest Allied defensive structure. Sporting a huge range and a gigantic shell caliber, the Grand Cannon can easily destroy an invasion force long before it arrives at its destination. Unfortunately, the cannon has a rather large minimum range, making close range support vital.
The Grand Cannon operates differently from its Red Alert 2 version. Its cost is decreased, while hit points, accuracy, turn rate and projectile speed are increased; on the other hand, it has a higher tier requirement, reduced damage, slightly reduced range and consuming more power which makes it on par with its new counterparts. Another flaw that other Tier 3 defenses don't have is that the Grand Cannon will face difficulty when targeting enemies in higher ground, as the projectile will likely miss when doing so.
This doesn't mean that the Grand Cannon is not as viable in Mental Omega, as it is the only static Allied defense that is capable of targeting ground adversaries out of range from other defenses, especially most artilleries. It is also the only Allied defense that possesses splash damage, making engagements within Allied territory a difficult challenge.
- In Golden Gate, the destruction of American Grand Cannons and navy is the first objective of the mission.
- In Sunlight, the player can use Engineers to repair and reactive five Grand Cannons near the coast though it is not buildable in this mission.
- The Grand Cannon becomes a buildable structure in Puppet Master.
- In Role Reversal, both commanders need to destroy six Grand Cannons before the Latin Confederation army could land onto the shore.
Behind the scenes
- Before 3.3 the Grand Cannon used the model from the original Yuri's Revenge.