Fortress is a game mode featuring attack-defense scenarios on imbalanced maps. Originally implemented by several maps from Yuri's Revenge, this mode is adored by PvP and PvE players alike.
In the Fortress game mode, one (or two) players will be acting as the defender. They start in a fortified area and are granted numerous defensive structures and units. On some maps they even receive regular reinforcements as well.
In contrary, the attackers starts on normal terrain surrounding the fortress. They are superior in number and (preferably) allied together in order to storm the fortress and defeat the defenders.
- All superweapons are disabled (including Fake Psychic Dominator).
- All players start with a Construction Yard.
- All Construction Yards cannot pack up, although one may still build and unpack a second MCV (provided it's not forbidden by the Limited MCV game rule).
- All MCVs' price increased from $3000 to $5000.
- Wallbuster support power's recharge time increased to 9:30 from 8:30.
Contrary to common thought, the defender has better late-game economy than the attackers added together thanks to Tech Oil Derricks (more so with a Reprocessor). As a result, some attackers prefer an early rush with their advantage in initial credits. The defender, on the other hand, would gladly accept to turtle up until late game and crush the attackers with one blow.
Although superweapons are disabled, Epic Units are still accessible, including Harbinger.
- Tech up as quickly as possible.
- Maintain a sizable taskforce at choke points as well as defenses.
- Deploy infiltration and stealth detection systems. If Epsilon enemies are present, look out for Drillers and put some garrison in the base.
- Always build more Construction Yards to counter kamikaze base sniping.
- Keep yourself unpredictable with Gap Generators and Chimera Cores.
- Turtle up. Move to attack in late-game or/and with overwhelming forces.
- (Optional) Assemble an assault team and try to put one attacker out of business in the first several minutes.
- Best subfactions:
- Coordinate with friendly forces and seal victory as soon as possible.
- For those who spawns near the defender, prepare an escape route from early rushes.
- Work together and attack simultaneously, be it concentrated or divided, for a better chance of success.
- Make good use of heroes and Epic Units.
- As Epsilon subfactions, try to breach through or access Stolen Tech units via Drillers.
- (Optional) Alert your allies in advance and try to rush the defender at the beginning.
- Best subfactions: