|Support Power||Old version(s)||Gallery||Changelog|
The Force Shield is a support power used by the European Alliance from their Shield Command. It protects the affected friendly structures from any damage for a period of time, useful for saving important structures from being heavily damaged or destroyed by enemy attacks.
If a building is placed within a Force Shield after it is activated, the building will not become invulnerable.
For a detailed list of changes from the original game, click here.
The AI will use Force Shield immediately after an offensive superweapon activation (or a missile launched by the Tech Missile Bunker) against their base. The AI is able to predict where a superweapon will hit accurately.
The AI will not use Force Shield against a Fake Domination.
|“||Use the Force Shield to protect the most important buildings if necessary.||”|
|—Allied intel during Operation: Panic Cycle|
- The Force Shield is first usable in the campaign in Panic Cycle.
- In Godsend, the enemy's Force Shields will constantly protect the surrounding buildings of the Shield Commands, while the Shield Commands themselves are not protected.
- In Relentless, during the battle after the outpost is retaken, the player can use Force Shield once (except on Mental difficulty).
- In the second part of Reality Check, a Force Shield will initially protect the Warpnodes scattered across the battlefield, as well as the nearby defenses that are being chronoshifted in. In addition, Force Shields constantly protect the surrounding buildings of the south Allied outpost, as well as protecting the Comm Tower and Construction Yard, which are important buildings to destroy.
- In Hamartia and Babel, if an Allied Construction Yard is severely damaged (or infiltrated in Babel), the Construction Yard will be protected by a Force Shield before unpacking and chronoshifting to safety.
- A Force Shield briefly protects the old Chronosphere in the Allied epilogue, though the Force Shield only delayed its eventual destruction.
- In Combustion, the enemy will use Force Shield to protect some tech defenses. Players need to infiltrate the Shield Command to shut it down.
- In Timekiller Challenge, the enemy's Force Shields will constantly protect the surrounding buildings of the Shield Commands, while the Shield Commands themselves are not protected.