The fake Psychic Dominator serves to deceive enemies into targeting them to draw attention away from the real one. To make it more convincing, the fake Psychic Dominator is even capable of using a Fake Domination every 10 minutes, during which a Domination countdown like the real one will be displayed to all players, and sends out a Domination activation alert when used that will cause everyone to think that a Domination is about to occur – except in truth it's nothing more than a Domination alert.
The fake and the real Psychic Dominator should be placed in different locations to confuse the enemy. The fake Domination can also be used to mess with the enemies' heads by combining both together; use the fake one first, and once they no longer fell to the trick, use the real one on them! Doing this in an alternating fashion will lead to the enemy being unsure about which Psychic Dominator is the real one, and often lead to them panicking whenever both the fake and the real Dominator is used. It is also a good idea to use the real Dominator simultaneously with the fake.
In spite of its falseness, the AI will use the fake Domination the same way as the real Domination to "target" any of the following, assuming they are not cloaked:
- Construction Yards
- Power providers (not on Hard difficulty),
- War Factories
- Tier 3 technology providers (e.g. Epsilon Pandora Hub)
- If all these does not exist, it'll target base defenses, then finally units.
Fake Psychic Dominator is unable to build in campaign.
- In the first phase of Parasomnia, a fake Psychic Dominator is located at the deepest zone of the Epsilon HQ base. The Allies will only learn that it's fake when its "Domination" starts activating.
- In Brothers in Arms, each of the three PsiCorps bases has a Psychic Dominator, but two of the random Dominators are fake.