The EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) Control Station is a support structure used by China whose sole purpose is to charge and release an electromagnetic pulse upon their enemies.
Due to their chosen technological path and strategy, the Chinese put large emphasis on their EMP technology. The EMP Control Station has been designed with one purpose in mind: to stop the faster enemy tanks which are trying to outmaneuver the slow Chinese machines in one spot. By directing enough energy into this building, the Chinese are capable of creating an effective EM Pulse anywhere on the battlefield whenever the weapon has fully charged. The pulse created with this device has the largest area effect of all EMP weapons that the Chinese have developed so far.
|Type: Offensive Power|
Recharge Time: 6:30
Temporarily disables mechanical units in the target area
As its name suggests, the EMP Control Station solely provides EM Pulse support power. Unlike other Chinese support powers, EM Pulse is launched separately by its control station, and the control station itself consumes additional power. Usually the enemy will pose the EMP Control Station as one of the primary targets, so the Chinese commander needs to pay attention to protect the control station from enemy attack. Though also performs as a separate support power trigger building, EM Pulse does not display its countdown like Harbinger.
- The EMP Control Station first appears in Panic Cycle.
- The EMP Control Station becomes buildable for the player in Unshakeable.
- In the first part of Power Hunger, three EMP Control Stations (alongside a Nuclear Reactor) are targets for Morales to destroy so the Zubr transports carrying Russian forces can safely make landfall without being sunk by the EMP.
- In Meltdown, the player's base starts with an EMP Control Station.
- In Earthrise, with integrating Chinese arsenal to use, the EMP Control Station is buildable by the player, even though the player's subfaction is Russia.
- Chronogically, EMP Control Station is unlocked in Repentance.
- The EMP Control Station has a similar design to the in the cancelled .