|This article is a stub. Why don't you help out by expanding it?|
I lost a bomb... do you have it?
—A Crazy Ivan "misplacing" one of his bombs
"Crazy Ivan" is the umbrella term for the infantry divisions in the Soviet armies that specialize in demolitions and wholesale destruction. The explosives Crazy Ivans use are entirely self-made, time-triggered incendiary explosives. Having the Ivans create their own bombs with barely any safety procedures provides an unintended and rather unorthodox method of rooting out incompetence.
Unfortunately, the possibility of having your own weapons spontaneously explode at any time has taken its psychological toll on the Ivans, making them perhaps a bit too anxious to rid themselves of their bombs. Crazy Ivans are trained to swim, carrying their explosives in protective plastic bags.
- Highly destructive against units and buildings.
- Able to attach bombs to almost anything.
- Can destroy bridges.
- Decently fast.
- Explodes when killed as a last resort suicide unit.
- Successful detonation also creates fire around the area, damaging nearby units.
- Very poorly armored.
- Anti-infantry units and defenses counter them easily.
- Must plant the bomb at close range.
- Engineers can defuse its bombs.
- Bomb takes a long while to detonate.
- Heavily armored buildings or units can withstand the explosion, albeit heavily damaged.