Knowledge is to be shared.
—A Clairvoyant getting useful information from enemy labs
The Clairvoyant is a small drone (technically classified as infantry) used by the Foehn as their infiltration unit. Unlike the other factions' counterparts, however, they cannot disguise as enemy infantry, but makes up for it by being even cheaper, amphibious and able to move even faster with the support of Spinblades.
Clairvoyants are also useful as detectors, as they can see cloaked units and notice disguised enemies. To help them in catching the latter, they are armed with a stun beam that can immobilize infantry, allowing Foehn troops to deal with them.
The Clairvoyant is an oddball among the infiltrators. It is neither a soldier nor a spy, but a weirdly shaped drone, which can benefit from the use of Spinblade with a tiny windspin drive it has mounted on its back and can traverse water zones freely. Unlike all the other infiltrators, it cannot disguise itself, but its low price and incredible speeds make it ideal for a more direct infiltration rush attempt with many Clairvoyants involved, as the chance is high that at least one of them will reach the target.
This little drone has another trick up its sleeve: it can use a short-ranged stun gun to immobilize most of enemy troops, and will also automatically use its weapon against disguised enemy infantry once it detects them. Even though the Clairvoyant is not capable of dealing damage directly, if the target remains trapped long enough, it will eventually perish on its own.
Additionally, the Clairvoyants are able to see stealth units like the Epsilon's Shadow Tanks, and for further battle usability, have also been outfitted with special tools for destroying bridges whenever necessary.
Clairvoyants are still regarded as infantry, despite being non-humanoid in appearance.
As with other espionage units, the Clairvoyant can infiltrate an enemy building, but the effects will vary depending on the building:
- Barracks: All infantry will be trained as veteran.
- War Factory: All War Factory units will be produced as veteran.
- Radar: Battlefield will be reshrouded for the radar's owner.
- Power Plant: Owner's power will be shut down for 1:30 (2:00 for Nuclear Reactors).
- Ore Refinery: Steal $5000 from the refinery's owner.
- Ecobooster: Can see owner's money count.
- Laboratory: Partial prerequisite for additional technology.
- Superweapon/support power structure: Resets the countdown of the superweapon/support powers.
- Construction Yard: Partial prerequisite for additional technology.
- Field Bureau: Owner will lose all captured infantry technologies.
- Although Clairvoyants are immune to genetic manipulation weapons, Rahn's "Terranova" beam is an exception.
- The Clairvoyant's SHP infantry sprite is from the Basilisk Scout Drone from the Project Phantom mod for Yuri's Revenge. According to Speeder, the lead developer for Mental Omega, the SHP is no longer used for Project Phantom so it is reused for Mental Omega.