|—A Blizzard Tank driver looking for targets|
The Blizzard Tank is a tank used by Pacific Front that can attack both ground and air targets thanks to its Thermal Inversion cannon which also slows down enemies.
When the Pacific Front joined the Allies in light of the Soviet threat from China, the Japanese contributed an amazing piece of technology to the Allied arsenal. The Blizzard Tank was originally a non-lethal weapon, used to impede vehicles and immobilize unruly citizens or fleeing criminals with its unique Thermal Inversion weapon which could cool down sub-atomic particles, making movement difficult.
Now this weapon's effectiveness has been amplified to such a level that any organic material is quickly destroyed or, if more resistant, heavily slowed down under the stress of the absolute zero temperatures inflicted by the Blizzard Tank. Its precision and rapid fire making it a surprisingly effective weapon against all types of aircraft as well. Even though this weapon can out-range most conventional tanks and its effectiveness against infantry is undisputed, it only does negligible damage to structures.
The Blizzard Tank is an excellent escort for the Hailstorm when coupled with the Zephyr, as while it is unable to damage tanks to an extent, its ability to slow down ground targets nevertheless makes it useful. What it shines most is when it faces hordes of infantry and light aircraft.
Blizzard Tanks controlled by the AI have the following attack patterns:
- 1x guarding Patriot Missiles or Prism Towers, accompanied by 1 Zephyr
- 2x targeting infantry
- This task force may be accompanied by 2 additional Blizzard Tanks
- 4x targeting anything
- 2x targeting vehicles, accompanied by 2 Zephyrs
- 2x targeting anything, accompanied by 2 Robot Tanks and 2 Zephyrs
- The AI may use Chronoboost on this task force
- If available, Shadow Ring may also be applied
- 4x targeting anything, accompanied by 4 Suppressors
- The Blizzard Tank makes its first appearance on the battlefield in Think Different as part of the enemy Pacific Front forces.
- Blizzard Tanks are first controllable in Eclipse. They are first given as reinforcements after the player establishes a base.
- Blizzard Tank is first buildable in Digital Demon, if the player owns a Tech Center.