|“||No one stands in our way!||”|
|—A Bison Tank on a stampede with his comrades|
The Bison Combat Tank is the main battle tank of the Last Bastion.
The design of Last Bastion's Bison Combat Tanks favors stationary combat, rather than battling on the move. When the Bison is heavily damaged, it releases its own nanomachines, which will begin to rapidly repair the damaged areas. These nanomachines work faster, and with an increased effectiveness, if the Bison is not moving during the repair process.
While the nanomachines are capable of restoring a Bison's armor and weapon systems to their fully operational state, the duration of their effect is not infinite. If a Bison is continuously under fire or on the move, the nanites will eventually need to regenerate, temporarily ceasing the repair operations. This often makes the decision of keeping a Bison in one spot or on the move crucial to this tank's survival.
The Bison Tank has a huge health pool, a nanoid repair system for self repair and a fast cannon. Coupled with Mastodons and the Nanocharge support power, they can become an immense wall of armor capable of withstanding plenty of punishment while delivering a barrage of pain of their own.
The Bison is excellent for dealing with other tanks when stationary because the Bison suffers in pursuits due to its slow speed (tied with the Qilin Tank), and the repair nanoids don't work as well while the tank is moving. In spite of its formidable armor and anti-vehicle weaponry, do note that the Bison can still be outgunned and kited easily by faster tanks with longer ranges, such as Abrams Tanks.
To summarize, the Bison is arguably the most durable Tier 1 tank, whether in hot pursuit or stationary.
Bison Tanks controlled by the AI have the following attack patterns:
- 3x targeting anything, accompanied by 2 Mastodons
- 4x targeting vehicles or structures
- This task force will only be constructed if a Cloud Piercer is not present
- 6x targeting vehicles
- 3x targeting structures, accompanied by 2 Gharials
- 3x targeting vehicles, accompanied by 2 Raccoons and 4 Lancers
- In The Remnant, the player can gain access to build Bison prototypes with the Epsilon color scheme as an Easter Egg. In the epilogue, a pair of Bison prototypes can be seen in the final scene on the square.
- The American bison is a North American species of bison that once roamed the grasslands of North America in massive herds.
- In the game files, the Bison Tank is referred to as "Roach".
- The Bison Tank is the first Foehn unit whose prototype is known to have an Epsilon color scheme, and thus implying it was designed by Rashidi.
Other Foehn main battle tanks:
- Official showcase of the Bison Tank prior to official release of version 3.3, along with other units