|Faction||Changes from Yuri's Revenge|
The Allied Nations (more commonly known as the Allies or Allied Forces) are a military and political alliance between several European, North American and Asian nations. They were founded in 1946 and were originally an alliance between Great Britain, Germany, France, Greece, Spain and some other European countries, and acted as the main faction fighting against the Soviet Union during the Second Great War. After the war's end, which culminated in victory for the Allies, the organization went on to include other countries from around the world, such as the United States of America, Canada, Korea and Japan. By the time of the Third Great War, the Allied Nations were composed of three different sub-factions: the United States of America, the European Alliance and the Pacific Front, and all three factions once again waged war against a newly reformed Soviet Union when the latter launched a massive invasion against mainland USA. The Allies have a long tradition of utilizing fast and efficient units coupled with advanced technology and aerial support to counter the Soviets' preference towards heavy armor and assault tactics. The fact Allied units were able to outnumber and outmaneuver Soviet tanks proved a major decisive factor in ensuring Allied victory during the war.
The Allied Nations were formed in 1946, primarily to deal with Soviet aggression against any first or second world powers and uphold the ideals defined in the World Association of Nations' (predecessor of the United Nations) Charter. The Soviet Union, at the time composed of Russia and Ukraine and several satellite states, and under the leadership of Joseph Stalin, decided to launch a massive invasion against the Allied Nations in the west and the Republic of China in the east. Because of the swiftness and brutality of the Soviet assault, most Allied governments were unable to effectively coordinate a defense and suffered dearly against Soviet aggression, with much of Europe quickly falling into Soviet hands.
As a result, Allied forces had to operate both as a unified military command and primary governing body of the alliance. Despite suffering severe losses and numerous setbacks, the Allies were ultimately able to stop the Soviet war machine and turn the tide of the war in their favor, especially after the United States of America joined the conflict against the Soviets, while providing the embattled Allies with much needed reinforcements and supplies. Overwhelmed in the Western front, the Soviet Union had to pull troops out from China to reinforce their losses, but only led to them losing the upper hand in the East. The Allies managed to destroy the main Nuclear ICBM launch base, codenamed Dark Horseman, preventing the nuclear annihilation of Europe, before finally invading Ukraine and then Russia, occupying the country and either killing or imprisoning all the high ranking Soviet leaders, including Joseph Stalin himself.
Until the formation of the Epsilon Army, and later, the Foehn Revolt, the Allied Nations were unquestionably the most technologically advanced faction. Allied military doctrine attempted to close the gap between them and the Soviet forces through aerial, naval, and technological superiority. The Allies' level of scientific sophistication was possible due to the efforts of the SteinsTech research group led by Siegfried, and Japan's Kanegawa Industries.
- Chrono technology: The trademark technology of the Allies. Controlling the flow of time has opened up various applications for the Allied forces, from undoing damage, teleporting armor battalions instantaneously, and even erasing enemies for good. Even more intimidating is their offensive capabilities, which involve locking enemies in time altogether.
- Laser weaponry: The Americans excel in utilizing lasers to further their doctrine of quick and precise elimination. Their heaviest vehicles and their commando all have laser weapons at their disposal. Their Mercury satellite network proves that it is impossible to hide from the might of the United States.
- Prism weaponry: Weaponized, focused light energy that vaporizes advancing soldiers and vehicles that rivals the Tesla weaponry of the Soviets. The European Alliance takes this technology a step ahead through adding a "prism tech on wheels" in their arsenal.
- Weather control: European scientists at SteinsTech developed a means of manipulating the weather, allowing their Thor Gunships to call down bolts of lightning to smite their foes. Weather manipulation seem to have come to its pinnacle when the Weather Controller, the Allies' superweapon, was completed. This device creates a destructive thunderstorm at the target location.
- Mirage technology: Mirage technology from SteinsTech creates a false image to conceal Allied units. Essentially, armoured forces can turn into trees.
- Adaptation systems: The Stryker IFV, Archon AMC, and Tsurugi powersuits use a complex adaptation system that allows pilots to interface their weapons and reequip IFVs with new weaponry. This allows the different subfactions of the Allied Forces to mimic units that they otherwise would not normally have, e.g., a Siege Cadre in a Stryker acts as a pseudo-prism tank.
- Force Shielding: Exclusively used by the European Alliance, the Force Shield generates a barrier that nullifies any damage to buildings affected by it. Several Shield Commands were seen in London, generating force shields onto nearby buildings.
- Cryo weaponry: Extensively employed by the Pacific Front, thermal inversion technology induces freezing temperatures onto enemy units. Victims of a cryogenic beam are slowed to a halt until they become brittle and break apart.
- Drones: Although the use of robotics is relatively common between the four major factions, the Pacific Front, in particular, specialises in the use of disposable support drones. To access the most advanced features of their arsenal, Robot-Ops Centers serve as deployment facilities for their Zephyrobots and deadly Hunter-Seekers.
- Orbital satellites: Spy satellites support Allied forces by providing valuable intel on enemy movement and base camps. The Americans have developed the Mercury Satellite network equipped with powerful laser cannons for precision strikes.
- Advanced aeronautics: The Allies arguably field the best jets in their respective conflicts; their airstrikes cannot be outrun, and not even structures are excluded from their list of targets.
- Communications disruption: The Allied Forces use gap generators to block out their bases from enemy radar. This allows them to conceal their movements and carry out covert attacks without the enemy knowing. Furthermore, to further their air superiority, the Allies have developed the Black Widow, a stealth plane which disrupts enemy communications to provide cover for their jets.
United States of America
- Main article: United States
Possessing superior laser technology, the United States can deliver precision attacks to their enemies through the devastating Mercury satellite, long-ranged Athena Cannons, and anti-air Aeroblazes, allowing them to easily neutralize threats from afar.
American ground forces do not lack in firepower as well, as their elite Riot Troopers, fast Bulldog Tanks and vaunted Abrams Tanks, supported by rapid assault Warhawks and Stormchilds, as well as the Allies' best field operative, Special Agent Tanya Adams, make them a powerful military force be it on the ground or in the skies.
- Main article: European Alliance
With superior technology compared to their American and Pacific compatriots provided by the research firm SteinsTech, the European Alliance extensively use mirage, chrono, prism and weather control technologies in the battlefield, showing the technological prowess of the European coalition. The scientist-cum-field operative Siegfried leads the charge on his experimental Zeitgeist craft.
- Main article: Pacific Front
Hailing from the Far East, the Pacific Front extensively use cryo technologies via its fearsome Black Eagle fighter jets, Blizzard Tanks, Hailstorms, Skyray Cannons and Hunter-Seeker drones, which are far more effective than conventional weaponry in debilitating and destroying enemy forces.
To protect the isolated, spread out Pacific islands, the Pacific Front also make useof several unusual additions to their ground forces, such as Kappa Tanks, Zephyr artillery units supported by drone beacons, heavily armored Battle Tortoises and their airborne hero, Norio.