|This article is currently under construction and may contain little or inaccurate information.|
The Airbase is an important Soviet structure which allows them to deploy fighters to provide air support.
Many long years have passed before the Soviets were able to restore their mighty airforce. Initially, during the Soviet invasion of the United States, the Red Army resorted to using giant blimps to bombard enemy positions from the skies but not many jets were seen. Finally after their attack on the American aeronautics complexes all over the country, necessary tech was acquired to develop the next-gen of Soviet jet fighters. The Soviet Airbase exists to produce and maintain them.
The Soviet Airbase builds and rearms the following aircraft:
|Fighter Jet. Strong vs. Infantry, Armor.
|Support Bomber Jet.
- The Airbase first becomes buildable from Chinese base in Think Different.
- Though the Soviets have already gained access to Airbase since Repentance, it cannot be built by Soviet General until Unshakeable, after taking control of the Chinese base.
- However, in The Lunatic, an Airbase appears near the top left corner of the map. During the second part of the mission, as long as this Airbase remains under control of the Chinese enemy, it does not build any jets and will constantly send reinforcements against Volkov and Chitzkoi via Cargo Planes. If Volkov finds the Engineer near the Psychic Beacon, the Airbase can be captured, giving the player access to Foxtrots.
- In Singularity, Airbase is one of the target that needs to be destroyed.
- In Machinehead, the initial objective is to secure four Chinese Airbases and accumulate enough credits to build 16 Foxtrots in order to destroy the Centurion Siege Crawler. If one is destroyed, the mission will end.
- In Earthrise, the Airbase is unbuildable, as neither Foxtrots nor Dustdevils are adapted to function on the Moon. Because of this, radar is also unavailable to the player until a Radar Dome or Radar Spire could be captured.
Behind the scenes
- In 3.0 the Airbase was a campaign-exclusive building (see Airbase/Old for detailed information), and produces the Hailfox, the predecessor of the Foxtrot and effectively a Chinese exclusive unit. The radar function was then provided by the Radar Tower.
- From version 3.3.0 to 3.3.4, the Airbase provides radar and Spy Plane support power to the owner. It also had a little different sprite (see Gallery).